Since 1933, when Baron Philippe finally took full ownership, the history of Chateau d’Armailhac has been inseparable from Chateau Rothschild. Its vast outbuildings house the technical and agricultural equipment needed to farm the two estates’ vibeyards. The house, a fine though incomplete white stone building in which the steward of the east lived from 1947 to 1966 it not now used for residential purposes. The chateau d’Armailhac vineyard is made up three groups of parcels, The Plateau des Levantines et l’Obelisque, The Plateau de Pibran and the Croupe de Béhéré.
Deep garnet in color, the 2010 D’Armailhac leaps from the glass with vivacious scents of baked raspberries, blueberry pie and kirsch plus hints of candied violets and pencil shavings. Medium to full-bodied, the palate has lovely energy with a lively backbone and well-played chewy tannins supporting the delicate flavors, finishing minerally. [92 Points, Lisa Perrotti-Brown – March 2020, robertparker.com]